- Remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
- Use wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
- Use small boxes for books. They get very heavy very fast.
- Never use newspaper to wrap fine china or other delicate items. It can stain.
- Always stack dishes upwards when packing.
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately to be easily accessible, including children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information and photo albums.
- Never use duct tape – use packing tape.
- Clearly label all boxes on top and side.
- As you take apart furniture and other items, make sure to tape all parts to the main base.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment, like stereos in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
- Always tape boxes. Don’t interlock the tops.
For your next local move, make sure to contact Two Small Men with Big Arms Moving in Belleville or Kingston.